Cockroaches are a menace. They breed very quickly, are incredibly resilient and so small that they can squeeze into the tiniest of cracks and crevices on a property. No one wants these creatures in their home or commercial premises. At Quality Pest Management & Solutions, we offer the best bet pest control for Sydney cockroaches,
Ways to Deter Cockroaches
Here are a few additional ways you can deter cockroaches in western Sydney:
Baking Soda and Sugar Mixture – In order to catch cockroaches, a combination of baking soda and sugar works quite well. Using a mixture of baking soda and sugar, you can lessen the likelihood of a cockroach infestation. The mixture is most effective when applied to dark, damp places in the kitchen, such as the microwave or refrigerator base.
- Use Boric Acid To Kill Cockroaches- Cockroaches can be quickly and readily eliminated using boric acid. However, boric acid is dangerous and must be handled with care. Furthermore, children should never be allowed to access boric acid.
- Spray Fabric Softener- Fill a spray bottle with purified water and add a fabric softener. To get rid of Sydney cockroaches, combine some fabric softener with water and spray it where they are likely to gather. If you locate any cockroaches in your home, you can spread this combination directly on them.
- Use Bay Leaves As A Cockroach Repellent- When ground into a powder, Bay leaves are effective in keeping these pests away. Bay leaves have a pungent odour that repels them. Cockroaches can be kept at bay by scattering them around the kitchen. Bay leaves make for an effective cockroach solution in the house as they’re non-toxic and suitable for humans and animals,
- Lemon Peels Can Be Used To Repel Cockroaches- Due to their antipathogenic properties, lemon peels successfully deter cockroaches. Even better, you could combine oil infused with lemon peel and spray it in or around the house, paying great attention to the kitchen, storage areas, and other places where cockroaches might lurk.
However effective they may be in the short term, bug sprays and other insect repellents can never be a permanent solution. Hiring a cockroach control experts like us is the best approach.
How To Prevent A Cockroach Infestation
There are various steps to take to prevent a cockroach infestation such as:
- Put perishables in airtight containers. Food should not be left out in the open.
- Avoid leaving dirty plates and cutlery in the sink. Cockroaches flourish in a damp or humid atmosphere. They will likely go for the sink first.
- Maintaining a tidy home should be a top priority. Cockroaches eat on nearly any organic stuff, including dead skin. To keep cockroaches out of your home, you should regularly perform a thorough cleaning.
- Avoid clutter by tossing needless things away. Clean up the drawers and storage places. Throw away outdated magazines, catalogues, newspapers, shopping bags, envelopes, and other paper products you no longer need.
For information on how to deter cockroaches Western Sydney, get in touch with Quality Pest Management & Solutions via this Online Form, or give us a call at 1300 146 292, and we will get back to you shortly.