Hearing noises from your roofs and walls in the middle of the night can seem quite creepy. Such disturbances can badly affect your sleep, which, in turn, would have an impact on your mental and physical health. However, the issue does not simply end at eerie noises. Chances are high that you have rats, mice or possums living in your home. If that is the case, us, at Quality Pest Management, can assist you. We offer comprehensive rodent and pest control services in Sydney, tailored to solve specific infestations. Our team can help you get rid of such unwanted guests from your home efficiently and quickly.
What is behind the noises?
The two most common pests found in the urban areas of Sydney are possums and rats. Thus, before you jump to any conclusion, you would have to determine the type of rodent living in your home.
- Noises: The noises created in your roof or walls may give a hint of whether you have a rat problem or a possum problem. Both rats and possums scrape around their surroundings and create scratching noises. However, rats and mice also cause gnawing sounds, while possums emit vocal sounds.
- Droppings: When it comes to detecting a rodent infestation, the droppings of the rodents go a long way in the identification process. Typically, rat and mice droppings are spindle-shaped while possum droppings are usually cigar-shaped, in the size of a jellybean.
- Sightings: Rats are possums are very agile and usually hide in hard-to-reach places. However, if you can track the direction of the noises, you may try to get sightings of the rodents.
Even if you find it difficult to detect whether you have rats or possums in your home, our pest control team can easily help you with it. With several years of experience in this field, they would carry out the detection process expertly and within a short period of time.
Prevent rodents from invading your home?
The rodents typically find their way into hollow and dark spaces where they can be safe and potentially access a food source. Our experts can inspect your property and advise you on proofing solutions if needed. Here are some ways in which you may stop rodents from entering your home:
- Installing valley and gutter guards
- Repairing even minor damages in the roof and the building that could potentially act as an entry point for rodents.
- Installing rat and mice treatment
- Hiring pest control service once in a while for preventive inspections. We have complete rodent control installation packages suitable for present and long term maintenance to avoid future issues.
How do we deal with rodents?
Well, our mode of dealing with rodents depends on the type of rodent. In case of rats or mice, our team would eliminate them by formulating a rat control program. You may rest assured that we use only use chemicals that aren’t toxic to children, pets or the environment. We cannot kill possums as a part of our pest control service due to specific Australian regulations that ban the killing them. Moreover, habitat loss has been forcing possums to invade urban spaces. We implement humane and efficient techniques to safely relocate possums away from residential areas.
Why should you get rid of rats and possums at the earliest?
Possums are relatively harmless animals that would tend to stay out of your way. However, both rats and possums can severely damage insulations of electrical wirings by chewing through them. In numerous incidents in the past, rodents have caused fires by chewing up electrical cables and this is why professional pest control services are a must.
Rats and mice, in general, also carry a variety of diseases that they can easily pass on to the inhabitants of the home. The droppings of rodents attract various insects to nest and breed, which results in the spread of diseases. Moreover, the very presence of rats, mice or possums is unsettling and can deprive you of the peace of mind you seek while sleeping.
How can our we help you?
All the member of our team is well-trained in their respective fields. We would dedicate our time and effort to fully understand and identify the problem. We are known to be:
To hire our pest control service for rodents, call Quality Pest Management at 1300 146 292 . Our team would extend their assistance to you at the earliest.