Bracing up for your Sydney summer pest control? Before the professionals administer the treatment at your home, there are plenty of tasks to do. Whether you are dealing with mosquitoes, fleas, spiders, ants, termites, cockroaches, or any other pest, you need to prepare your home for pest control professionals to work on. In this post, we will tell you how you can make the task easier for the experts.
Thankfully, you need not move your furniture while administering treatment for household pests. Reputed pest control companies deliver these treatments through advanced methodologies.
What should you do before a pest control treatment?
Ensure a seamless access
To ensure unhindered access to all the corners of the home, remove large appliances and objects. The pest control professionals should be able to see and examine every nook and corner where the insects might thrive. Besides, your appliances would remain safe in case of accidental spills of the sprays.
Preparing your furniture and clothes
- Use plastic wrapping to keep your toiletries, furniture, kid’s toys, clothes, and other essentials packed away. If possible, store some of these items inside the cabinet. In case there are gaps in the drawers or doors, seal them using wide tapes. Don’t use masking tape in these places, since the paper would absorb the chemicals.
- Whether you seek Sydney mice control or pest control, make sure to remove all the mattresses, cushions, pillows, bed covers, and sheets. Use plastic wrapping or use other storage spaces to remove these belongings.
- In case you have termites at home, the experts might request you to make your wooden furniture empty. This includes storage beds or sofas as well.
Preparing your dining area and kitchen
- Firstly, put away the garbage in your dustbin. Stack away your utensils in an organized way to clear the countertop. Keep the cabinets empty, as rats and pests often dwell in these storage spaces. When you hire Sydney rat control services, the professionals would spray chemicals in these spaces.
- Unplug all your kitchen appliances and try to remove them from your kitchen. If you run out of space, use your countertop to keep the appliances so that the access areas are empty.
- Use a plastic wrapper to cover the outlet of your water filter. However, keep the kitchen sinks open since the pest control experts would spray them.
- Store all your food in airtight plastic containers. Remember, some pests can nibble through thin plastic and hide inside. Don’t use these types of plastic containers in your kitchen.
- Remove all sorts of food leftovers from your refrigerator.
Preparing your pets
- Many pets are sensitive to chemicals that you would be using during the pest treatment. So, it would be wise to keep your pets temporarily away with one of your neighbours.
- Carefully cover and store the toys and bedding of your pets. It would also be wise to get a tick or flea treatment for your pet.
- Plastic covers for aquariums are available, so cover these containers during the treatment. Provide enough food for your fish so that they don’t starve. Also, get an auto feeder for these pets at home.
- Make sure to turn the air pumps of your aquarium off. This ensures that they won’t suck any air-borne chemicals, poisoning the water.
What to do after pest control?
Whether you have spider mites, rats, cockroaches, ants, or fleas at home, the pest control experts can bail you out of the mess. Besides, you would get to know how to keep the pests away from the professionals. After delivering the treatment, they would provide you with the necessary instructions. Following the treatment, you would be responsible for keeping the interiors clean. With a healthy and clutter-free environment, you can keep your home free from pests.